2019 Awards entry
The CEEQA Awards are for business leadership and achievement in commercial real estate in the CEE & SEE real estate markets during the past calendar year.
2019 ENTRIES NOW CLOSED! Visit our CEEQA Gala page.
A full list of the 2019 award categories is below, however the entries system is now closed and the first round of judging gets under way shortly.
If you have entered or are engaged in commercial real estate and wish to be kept informed, please note the next important dates for your calendar are:
- On-line Scoring Round In first round of judging in March, all jury members are asked to score all received entries to create the short list in all categories.
- 10th April – Short list announced Following the first round of judging, those entries scoring the highest among the jurors in each category will be presented on the 2019 CEEQA Short List announced on this website.
- 14th May – Final Judging Round In the final round of judging at a meeting of the jury the evening before the CEEQA Gala, jury members vote on candidates in the short list in all categories to decide the winners which are announced at the CEEQA Gala.
- 15th May – Winners announced at the CEEQA Gala The winners in all categories are announced at the sector’s flagship annual event, the 2019 CEEQA Gala. There’s only one CEEQA Gala, don’t miss it for the world!
Update: This year’s Gala headline entertainers will be the BOOMTOWN RATS led by frontman Bob Geldof – more info on the CEEQA Gala page >>
If you have any queries about the awards process from here, or the CEEQA Gala, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are we guaranteed to be on the short list if we entered or buy a Gala table?
No. We have worked hard with Deloitte over many years to create and sustain a truly trustable and fair industry awards for the sector where only hard business results count and no favours are shown in any way, unlike 99% of industry awards. That was our aim, along with building the best business event in history. If that doesn’t suit you then by all means go somewhere else 🙂
Is it compulsory to buy a Gala ticket to enter the awards?
Not at all, the awards are total free entry without any hooks, if entrants would like to attend the Gala in case of success, we’ll be pleased to assist. Full info on our Book Tickets page.
Do short-listed candidates get free or discounted Gala tickets?
As a rule, no. The awards are free to enter but not everything can be free, we hope the appeal and value of the CEEQA Gala speaks for itself after 16 years – and particularly for short-listed entrants. However we do make some exceptions for local companies that have never been short-listed before, just email us at email@example.com to enquire.
How many seats at a table?
Usually ten seats per table, however we can make exceptions for 11 guests with sufficient notice if an additional ticket is purchased. We don’t recommend at all trying 12 seats at a table.
If we buy a company table can we bring an advertising roll-up?
Absolutely no. Not even our biggest commercial sponsors and partners are allowed to bring roll-ups, which is what has kept the aesthetic and mood of the CEEQA Gala uniquely special.
If we buy an individual ticket, or a few individual tickets but not a whole table, where will we be seated?
You will be placed at a mixed table with care and sensitivity to your networking needs. Sponsored tables naturally get preferential location to mixed tables, and we reserve the right to seat guests appropriately according to date of booking, etc, however as we know almost everyone in the market well and who they would prefer – or prefer not – to site next to, we tend to get it right and have had very few complaints over 16 years.
What is the schedule/itinerary of the evening?
It’s very simple – the Champagne Reception starts at 7pm, followed by the Dinner & Awards Ceremony around 8.30pm, followed by the famous CEEQA After-Party from 10.30pm approx. until late. Very late.
What time does the event start?
As is widely advertised the doors open at 7pm on 15th May for the Champagne Reception, we recommend arriving before 7.30pm to avoid a scrum at coat check and registration.
What time does the awards ceremony start?
Dinner starts at 8.30pm approx. and the awards ceremony is run concurrently during dinner, we strongly recommend arriving well before as the Champagne Reception is something not to be missed, as much as the famous CEEQA afterparty.
What time does the event end?
Very late. Certainly not before 3am.
Who will be the headline entertainer in 2019?
This year’s headline entertainers are the iconic “New Wave” band THE BOOMTOWN RATS led by frontman and global icon Bob Geldof! Read here for more information and visit our CEEQA Gala page. Further entertainment and production highlights to be announced shortly on the CEEQA Gala page.
Who performed last year? Watch this:
2019 Award categories
Entries for the 2019 awards closed on 15th February, entries relate to business activity in one of the following countries:
Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine
Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia
2019 AWARD CATEGORIES >>
For business leadership and achievement in commercial real estate development during 2018 up to an including 31st December 2018, in 3 categories:
- Office development of the year
- Retail development of the year
- Hotel, leisure & residential development of the year
The winners and other highest placed entrants in each category from the above listed CEE and SEE markets in the first online scoring judging round are automatically put forward for voting in the following overall categories:
- Building of the year Central & Eastern Europe
- Building of the year Southeast Europe
For business leadership and achievement in commercial real estate investment during 2018 up to and including 31st December 2018, in 9 categories:
- Developer of the year
- Industrial developer of the year
- Investor of the year
- Lender of the year
- Legal & financial consulting firm of the year
- Construction company of the year
- Development services company of the year
- Property management company of the year
- Rising star
The winners in each category from the above listed are automatically put forward for voting by the CEEQA Gala audience in a live electronic vote to decide the winner in the following category:
- Overall company of the year
For business leadership and achievement in commercial real estate agency during 2018 up to an including 31st December 2018, in 4 categories:
- Agent of the year – Office Agency
- Agent of the year – Retail, Leisure & Residential Agency
- Agent of the year – Industrial Agency
- Agent of the year – Capital Markets
For overall market leadership including buildings, companies & people in seven categories. The following categories are available to enter:
- Industry professional of the year
- Green leadership company of the year
- Green leadership Building of the year
The following Grand Awards categories are decided by the jury from results in other awards sections (see above), or by Gala guests in a live electronic vote:
- Building of the year CEE
- Building of the year SEE
- Overall company of the year
The seventh award in this section is CEEQA’s garland annual award for an individual who has made a significant and durable contribution to the sector regionally and internationally. This award is given by the organiser in consultation with the jury, and is the only award announced before the Gala:
- Lifetime achievement in real estate
We wish all entrants the best of luck. For next steps please return to the top of the page.