Award categories & entry forms
Entry deadline is 29 April 2022.
CEEQA, the main annual industry awards for business, construction and ESG leadership in commercial real estate in Central Europe and Southeast Europe (CEE Quality Awards) looks set for a triumphant return this summer.
With all provisions and arrangements successfully transferred a new date for the 2022 CEEQA Gala is now set for 29 June 2022, with 2019/20/21 award entries and judging folded into the 2022 edition, among a number of schedule and technical changes.
HOW TO ENTER
- 2019/20/21 CEEQA AWARDS: The 2022 edition of the CEEQA Gala will take place on 29 June 2022 and will include buildings completed during 2019/20/21 and business performance during the 2021 calendar year. Additionally a special award called The Resilience Award will be presented for outstanding business performance for the period 2019/20/21.
To access entry forms for the awards click on the name of the category or categories you wish to enter and follow the steps and guidelines.
Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine
Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia
IMPORTANT NOTE: We encourage all sector participants to submit entry forms in the relevant categories in which they believe they have excelled to provide the CEEQA Jury with accurate information to judge. However, the organiser reserves the right to put forward any candidate that has been nominated in any category or categories by jury member(s) during the Jury Nominations process.
* New Aiming 4 NetZero AWARDS
Our new awards are for technical and vision leadership in pursuing NetZero buildings and business in the CEE & SEE real estate market place, replacing our previous awards for Green Leadership in place since 2011.
For business leadership and achievement in commercial real estate development during the 2019/20/21 calendar year up to and including 31st December 2021, in 3 categories:
- Office development
- Retail development sponsored by Cushman & Wakefield
- Hotel, leisure & residential development sponsored by WBJ
- Building Resilience
The winners and other highest placed entrants in each category from the above listed CEE and SEE markets in the first online scoring judging round are automatically put forward for voting in the following overall categories:
- CEE Building sponsored by Dentons
- SEE Building sponsored by White & Case
For business leadership and achievement in commercial real estate investment during the 2021 calendar year up to and including 31st December 2021, in 9 categories:
- Developer of the year sponsored by Helaba
- Industrial developer of the year
- Investor of the year sponsored by Panattoni Europe
- Lender of the year sponsored by Echo Investment
- Legal & financial consulting firm of the year
- Property management company of the year sponsored by Erste Group Bank
- Construction company of the year sponsored by Arcadis
- Development services company of the year sponsored by Wilsons
- Rising star Award
- Company Resilience
The winners in each category from the above listed are automatically put forward for voting by the CEEQA Gala audience in a live electronic vote to decide the winner in the following category:
- Overall company of the year
For business leadership and achievement in commercial real estate agency during the 2021 calendar year up to and including 31st December 2021, in 3 categories.
* Note: 2022 sees the introduction of two new awards for agents. In a change from previous years there are two award categories to enter for international agents including a new award for the overall best agent, and an award for the best local agent active in only one country market in CEE or SEE:
- Agent of the year – Overall * sponsored by Skanska
- Agent of the year – Capital Markets Advisory sponsored by EPP
- Agent of the year – Local Agency *
For overall market leadership including buildings, companies & people in five categories. The only category in this section that can be entered is following categories are available to enter:
- Industry professional of the year sponsored by RICS
The following Grand Awards categories are decided by the jury from results in other awards sections (see above), or by Gala guests in a live electronic vote:
- Building of the year CEE sponsored by Dentons
- Building of the year SEE sponsored by White & Case
- Overall company of the year
The fifth award in this section is CEEQA’s garland annual award for an individual who has made a significant and durable contribution to the sector regionally and internationally. This award is given by the organiser in consultation with the jury, and is the only award announced before the Gala:
- Lifetime achievement in real estate
Is there any charge for entering the awards?
No. Go right ahead.
Are we guaranteed to be on the short list if we entered or buy a Gala table?
No. We have worked hard with Deloitte over many years to create and sustain a truly trustable and fair industry awards for the sector where only hard business results count and no favours are shown in any way, unlike 99% of industry awards. That was our aim, along with building the best business event in history. If that doesn’t suit you then by all means go somewhere else 🙂
Is it compulsory to buy a Gala ticket to enter the awards?
Not at all, the awards are total free entry without any hooks, if entrants would like to attend the Gala in case of success, we’ll be pleased to assist. Full info on our Book Tickets page.
Do short-listed candidates get free or discounted Gala tickets?
As a rule, no. The awards are free to enter but not everything can be free, we hope the appeal and value of the CEEQA Gala speaks for itself after 16 years – and particularly for short-listed entrants. However we do make some exceptions for local companies that have never been short-listed before, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
How many seats at a table?
Usually ten seats per table, however we can make exceptions for 11 guests with sufficient notice if an additional ticket is purchased. We don’t recommend at all trying 12 seats at a table.
If we buy a company table can we bring an advertising roll-up?
Absolutely no. Not even our biggest commercial sponsors and partners are allowed to bring roll-ups, which is what has kept the aesthetic and mood of the CEEQA Gala uniquely special.
If we buy an individual ticket, or a few individual tickets but not a whole table, where will we be seated?
You will be placed at a mixed table with care and sensitivity to your networking needs. Sponsored tables naturally get preferential location to mixed tables, and we reserve the right to seat guests appropriately according to date of booking, etc, however as we know almost everyone in the market well and who they would prefer – or prefer not – to site next to, we tend to get it right and have had very few complaints over 16 years.
What is the schedule/itinerary of the evening?
It’s very simple – the Champagne Reception starts at 7pm, followed by the Dinner & Awards Ceremony around 8.30pm, followed by the famous CEEQA After-Party from 10.30pm approx. until late. Very late.
What time does the event start?
As is widely advertised the doors open at 7pm on 22nd April for the Champagne Reception, we recommend arriving before 7.30pm to avoid a scrum at coat check and registration.
What time does the awards ceremony start?
Dinner starts at 8.30pm approx. and the awards ceremony is run concurrently during dinner, we strongly recommend arriving well before as the Champagne Reception is something not to be missed, as much as the famous CEEQA afterparty.
What time does the event end?
Very late. Certainly not before 3am.
What entertainment will there be?
The entertainment for the Gala will be announced here on the CEEQA website soon.
LOOKING BACK AT CEEQA 2019