The CEEQA Jury
Invitation to participate
To confirm your participation:
Invitation acceptance Please confirm your agreement to participate by responding to the invitation email you received no later than 20th December 2018 to be sure of inclusion.
Completion of the 2019 Jury Nominations Form This is the first step of participation, in which jurors are asked to put forward their own suggestions of strong candidates for the 2019 edition of the awards. The form must be completed by 12th January 2018 to be sure of inclusion.
Further steps including judging schedule are explained below. For more information about CEEQA visit our About CEEQA page.
Composition and role
Places on the CEEQA Jury are prized for the market insight benefit the role offers in judging the award entries, as well as the elite access they provide within a tier of the most influential owners, CEOs and directors of market leading companies and consultants active in key markets across the New Europe commercial real estate sector, a total of 18 countries within Central & Eastern Europe and Southeast Europe sharing a similar trajectory of economic and infrastructure renewal since the demise of communism 1989.
Jury places are also prized for the complementary hospitality and business networking value they provide at the annual Jury Dinner and at the CEEQA Gala, the sector’s flagship annual gathering and one of the most prestigious recognitions in European real estate.
All aspects of awards voting are supervised by international consultant Deloitte who have worked closely with CEEQA since 2011 to help create a genuinely fair and trusted industry awards platform.
Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine
Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia
Jurors are carefully selected each year in conjunction with CEEQA’s Agent Partners for the industry knowledge and experience they bring to judging the best buildings, companies and industry professionals during the market year from entries for the sector’s most trusted and coveted awards. The jury panel is comprised of two groups:
- Agent & Strategic Partners Group currently comprises representatives of the six major international real estate agents operating across the sector, each retaining two permanent places on the jury in their capacity as the principal knowledge resource of the sector and key strategic partners of CEEQA: BNP Paribas Real Estate, CBRE, Cushman & Wakefield, JLL, Knight Frank and Savills.
- Industry Operators Group rotating each year among representatives of market leading investors, developers, banks, service providers and consultants active in the sector.
Lists of recent jury members can be viewed on the following pages for reference:
The full line up for the 2019 jury will announced on 8th January 2019 with the launch of the public call for entries.
There are four parts to the role of the CEEQA Jury:
- By 12th January 2019, Jury Nominations To nominate candidates for awards in the year’s published award categories – the jury nominees are then fact checked by the CEEQA team to ensure qualification before being invited to submit an entry form in the chosen categories, in addition to other entries received. All jury nomination forms must be completed by 12th January 2019 using this form: 2019 Jury Nominations Form
- 18-29th March 2019, Online scoring round Once all award entries have been received by nominated candidates, jury members will be invited to view them on the online CEEQA Judging System and score then according to the guidelines and criteria provided. Our guidance is to block around half a day during this period to perform this task, whether in one block or spread over a number of days. The results from this voting round decide the eventual short list in each category, the process is overseen and monitored by Deloitte to ensure complete independence and transparency.
- 14th May 2019, Final voting round – the CEEQA Jury Dinner Once all award entries have been received by nominated candidates, jury members will be invited to view them on the online CEEQA Judging System and score then according to the guidelines and criteria provided. Our guidance is to block around half a day during this period to perform this task, whether in one block or spread over a number of days.
- 15th May 2019, Gala dinner & award presentations – the CEEQA Gala The sector’s most anticipated flagship annual gathering and showcase event needs no introduction. Held in Warsaw each spring and attended by nearly 900 business leaders from more than 50 countries, the event’s unique blend of leadership level business value and networking as the climax of the sector’s most prized industry awards, combined with world class hospitality, production and entertainment, are unparalleled.
The full list of award categories being judged will be the same categories as 2018, for a view of last year’s winner visit our 2018 Winners page.
What’s in it for me?
Participating jurors receive:
- Complementary ticket to the CEEQA Gala, as well as the general benefits of participation including attendance of the annual Jury Dinner – note jurors receive a complementary ticket as long as they are seated at one of the jury tables at the event, however they may choose to sit at another company table rather than a Jury table, in which case the complementary ticket does not apply
- Complementary accommodation for jurors from outside Warsaw at the Bristol Hotel, Warsaw in order to attend the Jury Dinner and CEEQA Gala on 14th and 15th May 2019
- Unparalleled sector knowledge and networking value
- Regional and international sector prestige and promotion
- Permanent membership of CEEQA’s unique, elite network of past and present jurors
What happens next?
Demand for jury places is high. If you wish to accept the invitation to the 2019 CEEQA Jury we ask you do confirm your participation by 15th December. If we do not receive confirmation by that date inclusion cannot be guaranteed.
We require all confirmed jurors to:
- Provide an updated professional biography (50-80 words) and high quality profile photo by 9th November
- Complete and submit the 2019 Jury Nominations Form by 12th January 2019
Following these steps, participation will be confirmed and no further steps will be necessary until the commencement of the first round of judging in late February.
NOTE: Entry to the awards themselves by your company or its representatives is completely separate to this process – the 2019 award entries open on 8th January 2019 when full details and entry forms will be made available to all companies and industry professionals active in the sector.
For any further information or questions please contact Richard Hallward, Managing Director on T +48 502 201 080 or email@example.com.