The CEEQA Jury
Composition and role
Places on the CEEQA Jury are prized for the market insight benefit the role offers in judging entries to the annual CEEQA Awards, as well as the elite access they provide within a tier of the most influential owners, CEOs and directors of market leading companies and consultants active in key markets across the New Europe commercial real estate sector, a total of 18 countries within Central & Eastern Europe and Southeast Europe sharing a similar trajectory of economic and infrastructure renewal since the demise of communism 1989.
Jury places are also prized for the complementary hospitality and business networking value they provide atthe annual CEEQA Jury Dinner preceding the CEEQA Gala, and at the renowned gala itself, the sector’s flagship annual gathering and main annual industry awards, and one of the most prestigious recognitions in European real estate.
All aspects of awards voting are supervised by international consultant Deloitte who have worked closely with CEEQA since 2011 to help create a genuinely fair and trusted industry awards platform.
Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine
Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia
Jurors are carefully selected each year in conjunction with CEEQA’s Agent Partners for the industry knowledge and experience they bring to judging the best buildings, companies and industry professionals during the market year from entries for the sector’s most trusted and coveted awards. The jury panel is comprised of two groups:
- Agent & Strategic Partners Group comprising representatives of the five major international real estate agents active across the sector, each retaining two permanent places on the jury in their capacity as the principal knowledge resource of the sector and key strategic partners of CEEQA: CBRE, Colliers International, Cushman & Wakefield, JLL and Knight Frank.
- Industry Operators Group rotating each year among representatives of market leading investors, developers, banks, service providers and consultants active in the sector.
Lists of recent jury members can be viewed on the following pages for reference:
The full line of the jury is announced each year in late November with the launch of the call for entries, the 2018 jury and call for entries will be announced on 6th December 2017.
The responsibilities of participating jurors include:
Invitation acceptance invited jurors for the 2017 edition of the awards are required to confirm their participation no later than 20th November 2017 to be sure of inclusion.
Completion of our 2018 Jury Nominations Form in which confirmed jurors are asked to put forward their own suggestions of strong candidates for the 2018 edition of the awards by 21st November 2017, where only basic information is requested which is researched and fact checked by the CEEQA team before nominees are invited to submit a full awards entry form.
First ‘online judging round’ commencing 22nd February 2018 in which jurors are asked to score the year’s award entries, the results of which are collated by Deloitte to produce the short list in all categories. You will be sent a link to the online judging system displaying all award entries and asked to score them according to full guidelines provided once you access the system.
Jury Dinner ‘final judging round’ meeting of the jury on 24th April 2018 at which the winners in all award categories are decided from the short list, full guidance on voting procedure and protocols will be provided in a Jury Briefing Note ahead of the meeting.
CEEQA Gala and presentation of the awards on 25th April 2018 in Warsaw, the New Europe property sector’s flagship annual gathering.
Voting is confidential, however all aspects of the judging are regulated by a stringent set of protocols and procedures to ensure objective, fair and transparent results, with all aspects of voting closely monitored and regulated by Deloitte. CEEQA is widely trusted and respected for its rigorousness and integrity, which are central to the value of the awards in the regional and international market place.
What’s in it for me?
Participating jurors receive:
- Complementary ticket to the CEEQA Gala, as well as the general benefits of participation including attendance of the annual Jury Dinner – note jurors receive a complementary ticket as long as they are seated at one of the jury tables at the event, however they may choose to sit at another company table rather than a Jury table, in which case the complementary ticket does not apply
- Complementary accommodation for jurors from outside Warsaw at the Bristol Hotel, Warsaw in order to attend the Jury Dinner and CEEQA Gala on 24th and 25th April 2018
- Unparalleled sector knowledge and networking value
- Regional and international sector prestige and promotion
- Permanent membership of CEEQA’s unique, elite network of past and present jurors
What happens next?
Demand for jury places is high. If we do not receive a response to the invitation and full confirmation of participation on the 2017 CEEQA by 20th November 2017, inclusion cannot be guaranteed.
We require all confirmed jurors to:
- Provide an updated professional biography (50-80 words) and high quality profile photo by 9th November
- Complete and submit the 2018 Jury Nominations Form by 29th November
Following these steps, participation will be confirmed and no further steps will be necessary until the commencement of the first round of judging in late February.
Note: Entry to the awards themselves by your company or its representatives is completely separate to this process – the 2018 award entries open on 22nd November when full details and entry forms will be made available.
For any further information or questions please contact Richard Hallward, Managing Director on T +48 502 201 080 or email@example.com.